Saturday, May 2, 2009

>> rain on me


I can't go back to sleep. I keep hearing the rain pounding on down the accumulated puddles near the window. I wish I was out there, letting the rain pour over me, cleansing my body with the natural replenisher of life. I need that. I need to be able to be reminded of what is so inevitable.
It's funny how fast time flies. I only have two days left of finals and I will be completely finished with my first year of college. It was a great one at that, too! It seems just like yesterday, avoiding any clichés as best I can, that I was unpacking my shit in my little red shorts, which I gave to Cody, and my white v-neck tee. I was definitely the odd one out in the dorm, but I felt at home in the awkwardness. But even that soon faded, dried up in the time that passes during the school year.

If there is one thing that I will never forget about living on campus it's the rain. For those who have been to UCA's campus during a storm, they know what I am talking about: flooding. For some reason, UCA would because a swimming pool despite just about 1 inch of rainfall. Regardless if you were ready or not, you had to be prepared to swim in the deep end. I am still adjusting.

But, as I listen to the rain fall, here - I can feel a difference. I feel safe. I feel like this is where I need to be. I feel at home.

Perhaps, now, I will be able to get some rest.

Marko

p.s. Don't forget to buy rain boots, if you plan to attend UCA. ;]

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I've somehow managed to make it through four years at UCA without buying a pair of rainboots. It's not that I haven't needed them, it's just that I'm stubborn.